Oppo Reno 8 Series officially launched in Kenya
OPPO Kenya today announced the launch of its latest versions of the Reno series, the OPPO Reno 8 5G and OPPO Reno 8. Powered by Dual Sony Flagship Sensors and several AI-enhanced imaging features such as Ultra Night Video and Night Portrait, the new “Portrait Expert” Reno8 5G is designed to enable consumers to capture their best moments even in the lowest light exposure. Alongside its professional camera capabilities, Reno8 5G features a Streamlined Unibody Design, delivering a more refined texture and flagship-level design aesthetics. By adopting 80W SUPERVOOCTM with Battery Health Engine, the MediaTek Dimensity 1300 SoC, an upgraded Super-Conductive VC Liquid Cooling System, and ColorOS 12.1, the new Reno8 5G provides strong durability, reliable performance, and an all-round smooth experience to users.
Revolutionary Imaging Capabilities that Make You the “Portrait Expert”
OPPO has continued to invest in imaging technology R&D in the Reno series. Consumer insights indicate that approximately 40% of photos taken with Reno smartphones are taken after 5 p.m. The percentage for videos is even higher, at nearly 50%.
As a result, OPPO has upgraded the camera on the latest Reno series with an agenda to improve the shooting experience in low-light environments and allow users to record every moment of their lives in vivid detail.
Reno8 5G features Dual Sony Flagship Sensors — the IMX709 for the front camera and the IMX766 for the rear camera.
- Sony IMX709 is a next-generation RGBW 32 MP camera sensor customized by OPPO. It ensures a 60% increase in light intake and a 35% improvement in noise reduction when compared with traditional RGGB sensors. Together with OPPO’s self-designed Quadra Binning algorithm, every selfie will look dynamically bright and sharp no matter in lowlight or backlight scenes.
- Sony IMX766 is a 1/1.56-inch 50MP main camera sensor with a 1.0um large pixel size. It captures more light and guarantees improved image brightness in dark environments. Combined with the All-Pixel Omni-Direction PDAF technology, this camera sensor improves the focus speed, accuracy, and stability.
- The Dual Sony Flagship Sensors support the underlying DOL-HDR technology on a hardware level, increasing video dynamic range by 4x to that of the conventional HDR algorithm. DOL-HDR This technology enables the quasi-simultaneous synthesis of long and short exposure frames, effectively preventing ghosting artifacts caused by movement.
In addition to hardware upgrades, OPPO Reno8 5G comes packed with a series of portrait features driven by leading AI technologies.
- Ultra Night Video algorithm enhances the image quality, color expression, and facial performance in lowlight environments, delivering sharp and bright night portrait videos. It is automatically enabled for nighttime shooting.
- Ultra HDR Video mode prevents bright parts from over-exposure and enriches dark parts with subtle details, thereby producing natural portrait videos with vivid colors. It is automatically enabled in scenes with a large lighting ratio.
- Night Portrait leverages the industry-leading Turbo RAW algorithm to perform AI noise reduction in the RAW domain, delivering clear and pure portrait images.
Reno8 5G is also equipped with other innovative features to increase the overall imaging quality. AI Portrait Retouching can recognize 193 facial detection points to support accurate video retouching, delivering natural portrait effects. Portrait Mode?Hyperlapse, and 960fps AI Slow-Motion allow you to create movie-like portraits in your own style, making you a “Portrait Expert”.
Flagship Design Aesthetics to showcase Your Personality
This is the first time for the Reno series to adopt a flagship-level Streamlined Unibody Design. This was done by integrating the camera module and the back cover, making the phone appear smooth and seamless and preventing dust from getting trapped around the camera area. These design features were adopted after studying how users hold and interact with their phones.
The OPPO Reno8 5G front display comes with a 6.4-inch AMOLED display, a 90.8% screen-to-body ratio, and a 90Hz refresh rate, delivering buttery-smooth graphics. With certification for Netflix HD and Amazon Prime Video HD, the display of this phone allows users to enjoy the best video content out there.
Extra Durability and All-round Performance
By adopting 80W SUPERVOOCTM Flash Charge, the OPPO Reno 8 5G can charge a 4500mAh battery, up to 50% in just 11 minutes, and And even just a 5-minute charge is enough for you to game for 2 hours straight , as tested by TÜV Rheinland. Reno8 5G adopts OPPO’s exclusive Battery Health Engine, which intelligently controls the charging current and voltage through real-time monitoring, to ensure the battery servers customers for an extended time.
OPPO Reno8 5G features the MediaTek Dimensity 1300 5G-integrated SoC. Built on the 6nm process, the octa-core SoC includes an ARM Cortex-A78 ultra-core that operates at up to 3GHz to deliver the ultimate computing power. The standard build comes with 8GB RAM and 256GB ROM.
“At OPPO, we are constantly looking into ways we can improve our users’ experience. Looking at the new Reno8 series, you can see so many aspects of the new series have been upgraded to suit the modern OPPO consumer. From everyday functionality, design, and entertainment, our consumers are going to enjoy their experience with the Reno8 series.” said Frederique Achieng, PR Manager, OPPO Kenya.
In addition to the Reno8 5G, OPPO also launched the Reon 8, which comes with amazing functionalities such as 33W SUPERVOOC fast charging technology and a 4,500mAh battery that can be charged 100% in just 60 minutes. Equipped with an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 4G processor, it has fast performance while balancing power consumption. OPPO Reno8 comes with 8GB RAM and 256GB ROM expandable. As part of the first smartphone series to have ColorOS 12. The OPPO Reno8 gives users access to a comfortable and smooth operating system with popular features such as AI System Booster, Air Gestures, Adaptive Sleep, Five-Grade Access Control and Photo Information Protection.
The OPPO Reno8 series will be available in two models: and the OPPO Reno 8 5G– Shimmer Gold and Shimmer Black, and OPPO Reno8- Dawnlight old and Starlight Black colors.. Pre-orders will start from October, 26th to 31st, 2022 through OPPO e-commerce partners and across all OPPO stores in Kenya. The Reno8 5G is priced at 59,999 KSH while the Reno8 is priced at 42,999 KSH.
See also: Kenyans To Order PrEP & PEP Medication Online In New Healthcare Solution