The HealthTech Hub Challenge 2023 is live – Apply NOW
The HealthTech Hub Africa is launching the 2023 Challenge! The Hub, founded by the Novartis Foundation in partnership with the Norrsken Foundation aims to drive the development of health technologies in Africa and fast-track such innovations in public health systems through collaboration with government partners.
Built on the success of the first cohort of 30 startups from 10 African countries and the excellent collaboration with the Government of Rwanda, we are searching for our next cohort of innovators. The 2023 Challenge focuses on four thematic areas: cardiovascular health, breast cancer, virtual health and care, and optimization of data-driven decision-making. The 2023 Challenge will select 40 of the most high-potential Startups across Africa in two main tracks: 30 Growth startups and 10 scaleups.
The selected startups will win:
- Participation in a 10-month health and technology Accelerator program
- Membership in the HealthTech public-private partner network
- Access to Funding opportunities to validate their innovations in public health systems
- Lifetime access to the hub’s alumni network and open-source resources
- Full-year access to a state-of-the-art coworking space that offers community engagement and partner matchmaking
The startups from the HealthTech Hub 2022 cohort have delivered a significant impact. They increased their impact by helping more people’s lives: from 113,091 beneficiaries in January 2022 to 634,940 in July 2022, collectively raised more than $10.8 million, and created over 300 full-time jobs across Africa.
The HealthTech Hub Challenge is open to all HealthTech startups with the following mandatory conditions:
- Evidence of a legal entity registered in an African country
- Clearly demonstrated population health impact through their solution
- Teams of two or more full-time employees can apply, and those with a more positive gender balance will be prioritized
- Startups must focus on one or more of the four thematic areas of the Hub: cardiovascular health, breast cancer, virtual health and care, and optimization of data-driven decision-making.
- Growth startups are not part of another accelerator program in the same year if they are selected
Do you want your solution to help transform health systems in Africa? Apply Now. Application details can be found in the Apply Now link.
Learn more about the HealthTech Hub Africa and apply for the 2023 Challenge at www.thehealthtech.org