2019 KCSE Results are out – Quick Statistics
To get your 2019 KCSE Results, SMS 11 digits of the index no. followed by initials KCSE and send it to 20076. Each SMS costs shs 25.
The 2019 KCSE Results are out, and one thing I have noticed is the celebrations of the all time low incidences of cheating. I should as a human being with moral standing join the rest in celebrating the honesty that has been forced into our education system ever since CS. Fred Matiang’i took over the Ministry of Education, and Prof. George Magoha became the boss at KNEC. But no, I am not going to celebrate. Let’s come to this a bit later, for now, quick statistics.
School performance by Number of As
- Kenya High School -76
- Kapsabet Boys-49
- Alliance Boys- 48
- Moi Kabarak -30
- Alliance Girls -28
- Mary hill -25
- Maseno School -23
- Nairobi School -23
- Mangu High-23
- Moi Girls High school 2
Most improved candidates in the 2019 KCSE Results
- Muchai Gachie – 279 (KCPE), KCSE A-
- Milkah Wanjiru – 179 (KCPE), KCSE– B-
- Mwikali – 199 (KCPE) KCSE– B-
- Sharon Chepkoech – 183 (KCPE), KCSE– C+
- Mbugua Machari – 190 (KCPE), KCSE – C+
- Joseph Mwenda – 193 ( KCPE),KCSE – C+
- 699,745 – Total number of students who sat the KCSE exams
- 26,597 – Total number of teachers marked the exam
- 10,287 – Total number of exam centres
- 90 – Total number of mobile phones confiscated
- 21 – Total number of cases of exam cheating detected
- 627 – Total number of A students
- 5,796 – Total number of B students
- 125,746 – Total number of students who have scored minimum University entry grade of C+ and above.
The table below nicely summarizes the number of students with each grade.
The reason I’m not impressed by the low cheating rate is because this country is not going to reward honesty any time soon. Those being asked to be honest are going to find it really harsh in this jungle. In today’s Kenya the fittest to survive is the person who has mastered the art of deceit and deception. Those who can lie and get away with it become entrepreneurs, young millionaires, and successful politicians. Those who are being forced to be honest are people who are being sent straight to hell, even before the second coming.
The point is, before the big guns force our young ones into honesty, they should foremost create an economic environment where someone can actually thrive through honesty, and languish when dishonesty is detected.
Also check: Get 2019 KCPE Results by sending SMS to 20076