Happy 2018 to all our readers. Starting the year in a positive note and from the inbox, the news of The Tony Elumelu foundation accepting applications for business ideas that can transform Africa. To apply, complete the online application at www.application.tonyelumelufoundation.org. The deadline is midnight 1st March 2018. The Programme provides critical tools for business success, including:
- Training:12 weeks of intensive online training which guides creating and managing a business
- Mentoring:A world-class mentor to guide during the early transformation stages of the business
- Funding:$5,000* in seed capital to prove the concept, plus access to further funding
- Network:Access to the largest network of African start-ups and TEF’s own global contacts
1,000 entrepreneurs will be selected based on the viability of their idea, including: market opportunity; financial understanding; scalability; and leadership and entrepreneurial skills demonstrated in the application.
- The business must be based in Africa
- The business must be for profit
- The business must be 0-3 years old
- Applicants must be at least 18 and a legal resident or
CEO of the Foundation, Parminder Vir OBE said: “We encourage women, French and Portuguese speakers to apply. Our 3,000 alumni are already growing their businesses and improving lives. If you have a transformational business or an idea, we have an opportunity for you.”
Meanwhile UBA Kenya’s MD/CEO is calling on all Kenyan entrepreneurs who qualify for this programme to apply and grow their businesses. “We have many great ideas amongst our youth and as UBA Kenya, we seek to encourage the actualization of these ideas by offering this programme through the Foundation”.