Huawei and Jumia partner to maximize the Mate 10 series’ sales
Huawei Mobile Kenya, in conjunction with local online retailer Jumia have officially launched the Huawei Mate 10 mobile devices in the Kenyan market. Jumia Kenya will exclusively sell the Mate 10 series online for 2 weeks before it gets into the retail stores across the country.
In a market entry strategy, Huawei Mobile Kenya will avail the new generation Huawei Mate 10 device on Jumia Kenya’s e-commerce platforms as part of a global launch programme. The new Huawei Mate 10 mobile devices features a 64GB memory and will retail at Kshs 79,999 and Mate 10 pro that comes with 128 GB memory priced at Kshs 89,999.
Huawei Mate selling point being the new Leica dual camera technology and Artificial Intelligence processor has also been hailed for the long-lasting battery. The mobile manufacturer intends to increase the market share through strategic partnerships with Mobile Network Operators, device retailers and distributors in a quest to reach the untapped market. The company is currently working towards pushing 2000 devices annually.
The Kirin 970 with a built-in neural processing unit (NPU), the Huawei Mate 10 can analyze and adapt to its surroundings while offering a fast and strong performance. Speaking of the partnership Jumia Kenya Managing Director Sam Chappatte said, “We are delighted to have Huawei Mobile Kenya on board and I strongly believe this partnership will go a long way in ensuring that our growing customer base access various devices sold by Huawei Mobile. With the increase in online shopping we strongly believe we will play a key role in increasing the market share for Huawei Mobile.”
The Huawei Mate 10 series will also be available in Safaricom shops and other open market stores across the country.
- Kirin 970, the world’s first AI processor for smartphones with a dedicated Neural Network Processing Unit (NPU)
- A 3D Glass Body featuring a barely-there-bezel, HUAWEI FullView Display and HDR10 supported technology for intensely vivid and brighter colors
- TÜV Fast-Charge Safety Certified HUAWEI SuperCharge and 4000 mAh battery with AI-powered Battery Management
- New Leica Dual Camera with SUMMILUX-H lenses, with both featuring an aperture of f/1.6, and intelligent photography including AI-powered Real-Time Scene and Object Recognition and AI-powered Bokeh Effect
- Simplified EMUI 8.0 based on Android 8.0.
The device comes with the world’s first dual 4G SIM support and dual VoLTE connections. By combining individual and collective intelligence for on-device AI, the new HUAWEI Mate Series delivers real-time responses to users, including AI-powered Real-Time Scene and Object Recognition and an AI Accelerated Translator.
HUAWEI Mate 10 also features a 5.9- inch screen with a 16:9 display, barely-there-bezel and HDR10 to support vivid colors. The 6-inch HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro features an 18:9 OLED display, high screen-to-body ratio and HDR10 for dynamic video viewing.