The Bloggers Association of Kenya (BAKE) has announced the nominees of the 6th BAKE Awards. The voting phase of the annual contest has also launched.
Judges sifted through over 10,000 blogs that were submitted and picked the best in each category. The judges this year were:
- Michelle Slater – GM at EatOut Kenya
- Ahmed Salim – GM at Qube Ltd
- Akil Ahmed – CEO at Alternative Agency
- Muthoni Maingi – Digital Manager at Safaricom
- Sally Kahiu – ?PR, Communications and Marketing Manager at Kenya Association of Manufacturers(KAM)
- Jackson Biko – Founder, bikozulu.co.ke and contributor for the Business Daily, True Love magazine and The Saturday Nation.
- Dr. Martin Mburu – Assistant Professor of English at the United States International University (USIU-Africa)
- Demas Kiprono – Legal Officer at ARTICLE 19
- Samuel Majani – Founder and CEO of Ghafla
- Shitemi Khamadi- Founder, dhahabu.co.ke and Programs Manager at the Bloggers Association of Kenya (BAKE).
- Samuel Mbugua – Business Development Manager at Node Africa Limited
- Naomi Mutua – Deputy Managing Partner, [email protected] at Ogilvy Public Relations
The nominees for this year’s contest include: owaahh.com, hairpolitan.com, lindaafya.co.ke, wandianjoya.com and biznews.co.ke.
Voting in the awards begin today and will close on 9th May 2017. To vote in the BAKE Awards, one will need to visit www.bakeawards.co.ke/vote. Voting will be limited to one vote per person. SMS vote verification has also been introduced this year.
The BAKE Awards were launched in 2012 and have taken place annually since then. This year’s awards began on January 9th 2017 with the launch of the submission phase and will culminate in the awarding of the winners at a gala event on May 13th 2017.
Safaricom announced sponsorship of the awards to the tune of Ksh. 3.1 Million. Kui Kinyanjui, Head of Corporate Communications at Safaricom, while announcing the sponsorship said that “We have supported the BAKE Awards from the beginning because we believe in the power of blogging to shape conversations. It is also nice to see the growth of blogging over the years and we are happy to continue to support the industry”.
The other sponsors of the BAKE Awards 2017 are Gates Foundation, EatOut Kenya, The Ford Motor Company, ShowMax, Xpose, Vivienne Taa and The Kenya Human Rights Commission (KHRC).
The full list of nominees is below:
1. Best Technology Blog
2. Best Photography Blog
3. Best Creative Writing Blog
4. Best Business Blog
5. Best Food Blog
6. Best Environmental/Agricultural Blog
- Best Fashion/Beauty/Hair/Style Blog
8. Best Governance Blog
9. Best New Blog
10. Best Corporate Blog
11. Best Topical Blog
12. Best Sports Blog
- Best Entertainment Blog
14. Best Education Blog
15. Best Travel Blog
16. Best Public Health Blog
17. Best County Blog
18. Best Religious or Spirituality Blog
19. Best Lifestyle Blog
20. Best Human Rights Blog
21. Best Women and Girls’ Empowerment Blog
22. Best Social Issues and Active Citizenship Blog
23. Kenyan Blog of the Year
For more information please contact
James Wamathai | 0722-352239 | [email protected]