Ongea Music Summit 2017 that took place at Sarit centre, Nairobi not only brought together artistic minds but also digital oriented minds. ASUS, Sheer Publishing and Extra Dimensions were among companies that paraded digital solutions in the event.
ASUS was able to demo their VivoBook Pro N552VW to showcase its latest technology as well as its sleek and elegant design.
- ASUS SonicMaster Technology– This takes audio even further. Uses powerful audio hardware and fine-tuned software to give the most incredible sound on a laptop. The front-facing speakers give your audio a deep rich bass and crystal-clear vocals, event at high volume levels. An AudioWizard-Optimized tuning allows you to customize your audio settings to suit your preferences, whether its music mode, movie mode, recording mode, speech mode, or gaming mode. Recording mode gives dynamic and crystal-clear recordings (for musicians).
- Intel Core i7– The latest processor which ensures speed and ability to multitask without compromising performance.
- 16GB of DDR4 RAM– Giving it fast response times which is perfect for music production and multimedia work.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M gaming-grade graphics– Handles the most graphically-demanding tasks such as watching a movie, editing photos and video clips and playing the latest games.
- 4K/UHD display– Has a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels giving your videos a crisp, clear, and sharp immersive look.
- Sleek and elegant design– This makes it a portable replacement for high-end desktops while keeping it sophisticated. The backlit, sturdily-constructed keyboard makes it a delight to work even in dark environments.
The summit attracted artists from across the Eastern African region, music producers, event organizers, DJ houses, and entertainment companies. Among discussions held were about the business of both local and international music, the state of digital music and ways to take advantage of the growing digital times.