Microsoft has done away with Apps corner from Windows 10 as part of the creators upgrade. The feature released in 2012 for windows 8. It was meant for parents to setup a secondary launch screen for kids to play with elected apps ensuring limited access to the phone.
Following a low use of the feature, the company has discontinued the upgrades and more so the availability of the app in Windows 10. The Apps corner will also not make it to the creators update.
“Due to decreased usage, Apps Corner is no longer available in Windows 10 Mobile starting with Builds 15007 and above.”
New Windows 10 insider
Meanwhile, microsoft has released a new Windows 10 insider, 15014 for PC and mobile. This comes a week after the manufacturer made available 15002 and 15007. The new version might not have a lot o offer for users but it has made minor changes such as Purchasing and reading e-books using Windows 10.
The feature will provide interactive reading experience with the 15014. To navigate through an e-book, you can use the table of contents or seek bar at the bottom of the browser. You can search for words or phrases and ask Cortana to define specific words and view embedded video and audio content. Also, the user can even read books offline. It also comes with learning tools, EPUB support and customized features to better the reading experience.
Cortana has a new look that includes the shade, bigger text notifications an customized accent color only for the PC.
Here are the fixes Microsoft has made
- An issue resulting in the Windows Hello greeting being missing from the lock screen.
- Fixed the speed of displaying HTTP images on live tiles
- Fixed an issue where the phone’s display wouldn’t turn off in close proximity to your face when in a call and using Continuum.
- Stylized buttons in notifications are now aligned to the right – consistent with other system buttons in dialogs.
- fixed an issue that might cause an Insider’s custom typing dictionary to be unexpectedly deleted.
- We fixed an issue on the new Bluetooth & other devices Settings page where Miracast devices would always show as connected, even if they had been disconnected.