The contestants and judges of BLAZE BYOB TV show were unveiled yesterday at an event held at iHub, a startup incubation facility. For those in the dark, BLAZE BYOB TV show will be a youth entrepreneurship reality show that will be airing on KTN. The contestants will be battling out for a chance to win the grand prize of Ksh.5 million.
According to Safaricom, there are over 1 million young people registered on the BLAZE network. 44,000 attended the BLAZE summits held in Eldoret, Thika, Nakuru, Nairobi, Mombasa and Kisumu back in 2016. It is at these summits that the youth were auditioning. There were a total of 778 auditions but only the 12 contestants made it through to this final stage.
Show: BLAZE BYOB TV Show
Premiers: 6th February, 2017
Time: 8.00 pm
Channel: Exclusive to KTN
Duration: 8 weeks
Grand Prize: Ksh.5 million (Ksh.3 million in cash and Ksh.2 million in support)
But every contestant will get financial and business support
No. of Contestants: 12, 6 gentlemen and 6 ladies.
- Catherine Akoth – Actuarial Science student, JKUAT Karen
- Paul Zakaria – 22 years
- David Kimani – 20 years, Computer Scientist
- Samuel Muraguri – 21 years
- Susan Mueni – 21 years, Moi University
- Keith Asumba – 23 years, USIU
- Susan Maina – 20 years, Kenyatta University
- Lynnette Achieng – 25 years, owns a catering company
- Vivian Nekesa – 19 years, Mount Kenya University, Kakamega
- Wayne Ochieng – 23 years, travel and tours graduate from Kisumu
- Joseph Mugweru – 24 years, music producer from Eldoret
- Vinesenciah Gisore – 21 years, pursuing Civil Aviation in Nairobi
Judges: 3, namely;
- Caroline Mutoko – well excelled career broadcaster
- King Kaka (Kevin Ombima) – renowned HIP HOP artist
- Trushar Khetia – CEO and founder Tria Group
All contestants are 25 years young and below. The oldest contestant is 25 years young while the youngest is 19 years. Both are ladies. Most businesses are in entertainment/arts.