Some of key Government of Kenya agencies are embracing digital innovation. At this time and age, gone are the manual approaches of serving clients. Now you can access most services at the comfort of your own coach. Today we are not focusing on the eCitizen platform but rather a social messaging platform.
Telegram Messenger is probably the first messaging app to incorporate bots into its platform. This bundled together with the fact that the group capacity is much larger than WhatsApp makes it more favourable for different institutions to offer some of their services through the platform.
One such entity is Kenya Power Limited formerly Kenya Power and Lighting Limited. KPL has a Telegram bot that lets you query your last prepaid token purchase. You can access your last five token purchases courtesy of the bot. The response of the bot is incredible. The only downside is that as of now you cannot purchase prepaid tokens through the platform.
- Download the Telegram Messenger app if you do not already have it.
- Launch the app and search for @KenyaPowerBot. Follow the bot. The bot will welcome you with the following message:
Welcome to @KenyaPowerBot. Here you can check your last purchased token, postpaid bill, monthly charge etc.
- When you click on the Menu option you will be presented with the following options:
- Last token
- Last 5 tokens
- Monthly charge
- Once you choose any of the options above you will be prompted to enter your 11 meter number digits. The next time you query the bot it will highlight your meter number which you can simply click to select. This saves you the hassle of inputting your meter number each time.
- You can go ahead and query for different results for different meter number as the bot is not locked to one specific meter number. The good thing is that the bot will remember all of the meter numbers.