The fourth annual E-learning Innovators Conference and EXPO (ELICE) will be held from 12th to 16th September, 2016 at the Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD). ELICE is a forum that engages and promotes ICT integration by educators.
This year’s theme is:
The International Conference for Mobile Educators, Researchers, Innovators and Leaders”
According to KICD, the event will be filled with networking opportunities, fresh insights on latest trends, practical tools and collaboration space to share best practices in mobile, online and blended learning. The main aim of this would be to enrich how individuals and organizations learn across all platforms and sectors. They also seek to encourage innovation and growth of ideas.
KICD, formerly KIE, is the conference host and convening partner. For those who are not aware, the Institute’s core function is to conduct research and develop curricular for all levels of education below the university. They mainly focus on Secondary and Primary education sector.
Timeline of the Conference
- September 3rd 2016 : Fun ewaste Walk
- September 12th – 13th, 2016 : 2- Day Pre-Conference Workshop Dates
- September 13th – 16th, 2016 : 4- Day Conference Exhibition Dates
- September 14th – 16th, 2016 : 3-Day Conference Dates
The eLearning Innovations Conference and Expo (ELICE) is a premier collaborative learning environment for educators, innovators, thought leaders and researchers. KICD promises about 100 professional speakers lined up for the conference.
The program will cover the following;
- 5K eWaste Walk
- Pre-conference training workshops
- Plenary sessions with keynote speakers
- KICD open showcase of media labs
- Symposia/Break-out sessions
- Live Webinars sessions
- Flipped Webinars/pre-recorded viewing
- Virtual Learning Community
- Teacher’s resource toolkit – via KICD
- Conference website with resources
- SlideShare presentations
- Twitter party/Social media channels
- Interactive Poster sessions
- Round table brainstorming sessions
- Expert mentor sessions
- Networking Cocktail
Organizations and individuals are welcome to register and participate as speakers, exhibitors or delegates. Now in its 4th edition the conference provides you with an opportunity to showcase cutting-edge research, innovation and contemporary e-learning practices.