The INDO-AFRICA ICT EXPO 2016 event is scheduled to run from the 1st – 3rd September this year. As with the case with all major events taking place in the country, the Indo-Africa ICT Expo 2016 is going to be hosted at the Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) right at the heart of Nairobi, Kenya.
The Indo-Africa ICT Expo 2016 is organized by the Government of India, in conjunction with IT & Telecom Summit in which the Kenya Ministry of ICT and ICT Authority are host partners. Other partners include India ICT Industry body NASSCOM and Telecom Equipment and Services Export Promotion Council (TEPC).
Kenya ICT Authority is inviting interested parties to register for the Indo- Africa ICT Expo 2016 both for the Forums and Expo. They have even gone ahead and described the following four top reasons to attend the expo:
- Opportunity to Network: So far, they have confirmations from over 900 delegates and over 40 exhibitors from Africa and India. In addition, they have over 100 companies with interest in Business to Business Meetings (B2B). Whether you are seeking to buy, market, partner or get peer to peer review, the expo cater to your need.
- High Level interactions: The host of the forum is Kenya, Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of ICT, Mr. Joe Mucheru and Principal Secretary, ICT & Innovation, Eng. Victor Kyalo. Top guests include India Honorable Minister of State for Communications, H.E. Mr. Manoj Sinha and Uganda Minister of State for ICT and National Guidance, H.E. Ms. Hon. Aidah Nantaba Erios. The Ministers will discuss policy interventions in the Minister Roundtable slotted for September, 1st.
- Thought provoking discussions: Learn from the amazing speakers with key agenda items being: training, regulation in the telecom sector, Convergence of IT & Telecom, e-Health, e-Governance, e-education, e-finance, infrastructure, new technologies, standardization, spectrum auction and optimization, licensing and evolving needs of consumers and service providers.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Do you want to have a share in the latest technology? The expo will showcase technological devices and techniques that employ the most current and high-level IT developments; in other words, technology that is at the frontiers of knowledge.
The line-up of the speakers include:
- Sanjay Nayak – Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director at Tejas Networks
- Rajiv Mehrotra – Chairman at Vihaan Networks Limited (VNL)
- Vipin Tyagi- Executive Director of C-DOT
- Rajesh Tuli- Managing Director of Coral Telecom Ltd
- Bhatnagar- Director General (TEPC & TRIE)
- R. K. Pathak – Director Telecom Centre of Excellence (TCOE), India Deputy Director General (International Cooperation)
- Shivendra Singh – Vice President and Headof Global Trade Development at NASSCOM.
Catch up with their profiles here.
One thing to note though is that the exhibition is open to the public while the conference/panel sessions are ONLY open to VIP’s and Business to Business (B2B) meetings.
Head over to the Indo-Africa ICT Expo 2016 website to gather more information and also to register.