Truecaller users will now be in a position to change the way they communicate by making their SMS experience smarter and more social with the newly launched Truemessenger an SMS replacement app that magically puts a name to any number.
The new application will help users filter and block spam by tapping into vibrant community of more than 150 million members who help protect one another from annoying intrusions.
How it works
Truemessenger makes SMS safer by adding social context to your conversations. The app is integrated with Truecaller and its network of more than 1.7 billion numbers from across the globe. It pulls information from social networks and automatically assigns photos, nicknames, and other contact information to incoming texts. Truemessenger even enables you to assign your own spam rules, just like you can with email. SMS spam is then either filtered out of your inbox or blocked altogether, so your inbox is kept clean, and you’re never left guessing who might be trying to reach you.
with the new app, the user will also be able to;
- The ability to put a name to a number, even for contacts outside your phonebook
- The resources to detect, block, and report spam alongside other Truecaller members to build a smarter community
- The option to avoid messages from unwanted numbers and contacts
- A clean Inbox where spam messages are magically sent to a separate folder
- The ability to add advanced filtering options by creating customized filters with known spam keywords or number series (area codes or country codes)
Truecaller Takes Aim at Mobile Spam
Globally, spam accounts for 15% of all SMS messages sent, which represents 1.2 trillion spam messages each year. In the African market, despite the growth of other categories, SMS is still the most used app today sitting at 52%, 55%, 39% for South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria, making it a prime target for telemarketers and fraudsters.
These come in the form of free gift card offers, marketing promotions and phishing scams, and often lead to more serious misuses of personal information and identity theft. Truemessenger attacks this problem head-on. Now, you can take advantage of an organised inbox where you can always put a name to a number, and seamlessly block and filter spam SMS messages, which eliminates the possibilities of you becoming a victim.