After what has been said to be consultation from Safaricom Subscribers, the telecommunication company has rolled out new data bundles that will offer subscribers the opportunity to access data for a longer period than the previously deployed one.
Subscribers will now enjoy extend data bonuses for use anytime during the day in a bid to democratize data so that the subscriber can reap the digital dividends that access to the internet according to Sylvia Mulinge, Director Consumer Business, Safaricom.
Data customers will now be able to select a new data plan that suits their needs from a menu of over 18 options – starting with 5MB of data for just Sh5 to packages for 50GBs (the highest capacity data bundle ever seen in the market) for just under Sh7,000.
So, what’s new?
- The new data bundles will be available to Safaricom Pre-pay and Post-Pay subscribers and they will be able to access mobile internet service through buying data bundles.
- Through the new scheme, Safaricom has 3 options on how customers will be able to buy and subscribe for Data bundles which include: Data bundles option, Time based tariff and Out of Bundle Tariff (Pay As You Go)
- To subscribe for the daily bundles, customers will be required to dial *544# from their phones, the bundles will be valid for 24hrs after which they expire.
- However, the bundles will roll over to the next day should the subscriber purchase another Daily Data Bundle before expiry.
- Under the daily Data bundle, customers will have an option of purchasing data bundles from 7MB from as low as Kshs. 5 up to 150MB at Kshs. 50
- The weekly bundles will be valid for 7 days from the time of purchase.
- At the expiry of 7 days, any unused bundles will expire and will be permanently unavailable. However, if you buy another bundle before the lapse of the 7 days, your unused bundle will be rolled over and be available to you for the validity period of the new bundle you have purchased.
- The Weekly bundles will be available from 5MB at Kshs 5 to 130MB at Kshs 100
- The monthly data bundles will have a validity period of 30 days from the time of purchase and will be available from 350MB at Kshs 250 to 12 GB at Kshs 3,000
Here is a copy of the detailed pricing plan;
- Daily Data Bundles
|Daily Data Bundles||Data (MBs)||SMS||Price (Kshs)||Validity Period|
|Daily 5MB||7MB||7||5||24 Hours|
|Daily 15MB||15MB||15||10||24 Hours|
|Daily 25MB||35MB||35||20||24 Hours|
|Daily 50MB||60MB||60||30||24 Hours|
|Daily 150MB||150MB||150||50||24 Hours|
- Weekly Data Bundles
|Weekly Bundles||Data (MBs)||Price (Kshs)||Validity Period|
- Monthly Data Bundles
|Monthly Bundles||Data (MBs)||Price (Kshs)||Validity Period|
- 90 Day Data Bundles
|90 Day Bundles||Data (MBs)||Price (Kshs)||Validity Period|