Truecaller has completely redesigned app for Windows Phone 8, which supports the company’s global mission to transform the phonebook with a new set of useful features to improve the communications experience. This is by far the company’s biggest advancement on Windows Phone to date.
The new Truecaller makes it simple to filter out all the excess noise on your mobile device, while giving you all the necessary tools to manage all your communications needs. Regardless of whether you want real-time spam detection, Cortana Voice Search, Live Tile notifications when you’re being contacted, or the ability to search for relevant contact information or identify numbers, Truecaller for Windows Phone 8 goes well beyond what your native phonebook offers.
In today’s world where your mobile phone is the direct point of contact for nearly all of your communications, Truecaller is the best way possible to search and find relevant contact information and protect yourself from time-wasting intrusions from spammers and telemarketers.
Truecaller is already home to more than 100 million people globally who are performing more than 2 billion searches per month in the app. With a database of more than 1.6 billion numbers, you can easily access complete contact profiles, even those outside of your phonebook, and you’ll never have to leave the app to find the right information for people and businesses that you want to connect with.
New Truecaller for Windows features:
- Real-time Spam Detection: With the new update, spammer profiles can be searched across Truecaller’s global network so you can immediately detect if a spammer is trying to reach you. This means that no matter if a spam caller is calling you from anywhere in the world you’ll be able to utilize the global spam list to instantly see if it’s spam call.
- Cortana Voice Search: Ask Cortana to search a name or number by using the voice keyword ‘Truecaller’ and then the suggestion. Cortana will then open the Truecaller app and make a search for your request.
- Improved Caller ID: Now you can identify incoming calls, even if you don’t have the number in your phonebook. Truecaller’s platform consists of more than 1.6 billion contact numbers on people and businesses, which means that you never have to leave the app to search for unknown numbers or identify an incoming call.
- Real-time Profile Updates: Profile information is now updated every time you use the app, so you always have the most up to date contact profile information without switching apps.
- New Live Tile Notifications: Truecaller notifications now show up on your Live Windows Tile, so an alert will pop up whenever you have a new contact request or any other notification.
- Advanced Search and Discovery: The new Truecaller uses search algorithms to improve the way you search, so when you type a name, the app will prioritize the name displayed against your phone book and the broader Truecaller community.
- Improved Language Support: With the new update users will be able to switch language within the app without having to reset the phone. Right-to-Left language support has also been added in the new version.