M-PESA shutdown: M-PESA to be unavailable the large part of this weekend
M-PESA shutdown is coming this weekend as per the schedule provided below:
- Registration of new customers will not be allowed starting Thursday to Sunday.
- Transfer of cash to other mobile networks will not be possible during the period.
- M-Pesa subscribers will not be able to send cash to unregistered users.
- You will not be able to change your M-Pesa pin while the upgrade is ongoing.
- Registration of new customers on mobile banking services M-Shawari or M-Kesho will also not be possible, along with borrowing or repaying loans on the services.
- Starting Saturday, the entire system will shut down and sending or receiving money will not be possible.
- Customers will not be able to pay their weekend bills in restaurants, supermarkets, petrol stations and pubs over the weekend.
- Transfer of money from bank to M-Pesa or the reverse will not be possible.
- You will not be able to pay electricity, water and other utility bills through M-Pesa.
- Purchasing of airtime through M-Pesa will also not be possible throughout the period of upgrade.