By the year 2020, the global media industry will be worth $750 billion. This is according to Ericsson’s Media Vision 2020 ahead of its demonstration at NAB Show 2015. The company will showcase how it is preparing the media landscape for this growth, enabling all players in the media value chain to be successful in the new Internet era of television.
The company’s unique position at the convergence of IP and Media allows it to set the agenda for an industry undergoing a period of unprecedented transformation. Ericsson will present its expanding media business, which now includes cloud DVR specialist Fabrix Systems, alongside key product and service launches, and new customer announcements.
Ericsson’s NAB booth (#SU721) will showcase the full extent of the capabilities it offers to its content owner, broadcaster, and TV service provider customers across Satellite, Cable and Telecoms. Ericsson holds the industry’s broadest portfolio of products, solutions and services, spanning the entire content lifecycle; including content creation, content preparation and playout, content contribution and distribution, video delivery processing, video delivery networks, and TV Anywhere consumer experiences.
Strong vision for TV in the Networked Society reveals how industry players must focus on and respond to consumer, business, and technology game-changing trends to stay on top. According to Head of Business Unit Support Solutions, Ericsson Per Borgklint, the company’s insight into the complexities of the media ecosystem and continual research into what consumers want, uniquely allows the company to understand where the industry is headed, what new major disruptions are to come, and how best to move towards a fully evolved industry by 2020.
Key highlights from Ericsson’s NAB booth include:
- Ericsson’s market leadership position in cloud DVR, following the recent Fabrix Systems acquisition
- Launch of closed captioning service in the US
- How Ericsson is creating cloud-enabled next generation pay TV consumer experiences with the Ericsson MediaFirst TV platform
- Video-centric delivery networks with LTE Broadcast and the evolved Media Delivery Network solution, which are creating all-new business models for the delivery of content over both fixed and mobile networks
- Leveraging cloud and virtualization approaches in all aspects of media processing and delivery
- OTT solutions across managed, hosted and on-premise environments
- Ground-breaking solutions for the delivery of 4K UHD content and HDR (high dynamic range)
- Ultimate video compression performance, validated by significant market wins – all powered by the world’s most powerful professional video processing chip