Price conscious yet aspirational smart phone users now have something to smile about thanks to new Lumia family gadgets Microsoft Lumia 435 and Lumia 532. The Lumia 435 opens up the Windows Phone experience to even more people, while Lumia 532 is a powerful quad core smartphone that builds on the success of the Lumia 530. With a premium layered design, glance screen, front facing camera and more memory, the Lumia 532 enables people to achieve their goals with the best of Microsoft’s experiences.
Features to look out for in the new devices
- Switch effortlessly between voice and video calls with built-in Skype integration and a front-facing camera.
- Read, review, edit and share on the go with the full suite of Microsoft Office on Windows Phone preinstalled.
- Keep your photos, videos and Office documents safely backed up with 30 GB of free* OneDrive cloud storage.
- Easily manage work and personal email on the fly, with Microsoft Outlook.
- Capture photos quickly and easily with Lumia Camera and take, edit and share great selfies with the front-facing camera and Lumia Selfie app.
- Have your home screen your way with Windows Phone 8.1 and the Lumia Denim update, complete with one-swipe Action Centre, Word Flow and Live Folders.
- Stay up-to-date with the best new features through regular Windows updates.
Lumia devices now available on Jumia
With the developing online shopping culture, and to make the Lumia device experience available to as wide an audience as possible, Microsoft Lumia smartphones are now available on Jumia, the leading online e-commerce platform in Africa.
Statistics shared by Communication’s Authority of Kenya (CAK) indicate that the total number of data/internet subscriptions grew by close to six percent, and now stand at nearly 15 million. This is clear indicator that people in Kenya are using the internet more and more every day. The trend provides a great opportunity for Microsoft to partner with a leading online sales channel, Jumia.
The merge by the two companies is anticipated to reach new customers and provide them with a great customer experience. The companies are also looking to offer people an alternative, convenient and safe option to purchase the devices.
To make and purchase, users can simply:
- Go to www.jumia.co.keand identify the device of choice by searching for it or browse using the categories.
- Click the BUY NOW button. This action adds the device to your cart. Then proceed to checkout and follow the process.
- Confirm shipping location and input contact details.
- Delivery is made anywhere in Kenya or one has a choice to pick up the item for free at the company’s offices in Nairobi, Mombasa and Nakuru; and payments can be made via cash or mobile money transfer
- Devices above Ksh.5000 will be delivered for free within Nairobi while devices above Ksh. 8000 are delivered for free in all major cities.
All devices purchased from Jumia and all other authorized dealers in Kenya will have a 12 month warranty program, and owners can also take up insurance for their respective devices through Kenya Orient Insurance Limited.