Multichoice has rolled out its first HD single view decorder meant to replace the existing standard definition single view decorder. The DStv HD Decoder delivers great HD signals and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound accessible to DStv subscribers.
The DStv HD Decoder’s user interface is similar to the DStv Explora. Most functions can be performed from DStv Central, accessed through the blue DStv button on the remote control. This user interface makes for easier navigation through the HD menus and helps customers discover great DStv content available via multiple search options directly from the remote control.
The decoder is XtraView capable and can be paired with selected XtraView compatible decoders (excluding the SD PVR), allowing a cost effective and flexible option to allow more than one independent viewing environment.
Outstanding features on DStv HD Decorder
- View 1 channel at a time (no PVR functionality)
- User-friendly HD quality menus
- HD capable (720p and 1080i) when paired with an HD capable television and connected through an HDMI cable
- Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound capable when connected to suitable AV amplifier or TV (where available on specific programmes and channels)
- Widescreen capable (where available on specific channels)
- XtraView capable – compatible with selected XtraView decoders (excluding the SD PVR)
- Content discovery with multiple search options
- 8-day TV guide
- 24 hour i-Plate
- Parental control
- Hearing Impaired subtitles (where available)
- Interactive applications – SuperSport Active and seasonal applications