Microsoft is on an evolution, with its recent back to back launches and system upgrades, expect incredible services in the future. The tech giant will soon accommodate verbal languages to help power a lot of voice controlled apps.
The company is looking to launch Skype translator a service that will translate a Skype conversation between two languages in real time. It also shows an on-screen transcript during calls and can sort IM translation in 45 languages.The feature is currently available for preview for the Windows 8.1 users.
The move has been described the ultimate direction Microsoft is headed technology-wise according to CEO Satya Nadella, the company will chill out on pushing windows as they look at diverse productivity that is aimed at helping people get more out of their time.
Talking of Windows, Microsoft has put an end to selling retail copies of Windows 7 and 8 a move aimed at moving people to more recent versions of its operating system. Users will be expected to shift to the Windows 10 which comes after the halt of Windows 7 sales end of October which was then followed by the eradication of Windows 8 that is no longer available in the market currently.
The default version henceforth will be Windows8.1 which clearly shows Microsoft will be doing away with Windows 8 even after launching it not so long ago. This has definitely been inspired by the poor reception the operating system had from the users. Windows XP is also one that has dramatically declined its user base and the most likely reason could be its vulnerability.
Microsoft will be rolling out Windows Phone 8.1 update 1 plus Lumia Denim by the end of the year and will be available to all Windows Phone 8-running Lumia phones. Some of the features the update 1 comes with include;
- Cortana: Updated in the US; Beta in the UK and China; Alpha in Australia, Canada and India.
- Folders on the Start screen.
- Apps Corner mode – very similar to Kid’s mode – a separate and secure Start screen with customized access.
- SMS merge and forwarding.
- Consumer VPN.
- Faster Internet Explorer.
The Lumia denim also comes with new features though not all features from update 1 will be available in other devices;
- Better and faster Lumia Camera app.
- Faster photo snapping (not available on Lumia 1020, Lumia 920 and Lumia 925).
- Moment Capture feature shooting [email protected] videos (sensor-dependent, may be limited to 1080p).
- Rich Capture – Auto HDR and Dynamic Flash.
- Improved image processing for even better photos.
- “Hey Cortana” – voice activation (Lumia 930, Lumia Icon, Lumia 1520).
- Better Glance Screen with Bing Weather, Bing Health & Fitness.