Huduma Centre has turned out two way traffic for both the government and citizens. The one stop shop is exactly as named and more. This could be the best thing ever happened to Kenyans after multiple athlete Gold medals.
The programme by the government of Kenya aims at transforming Public services and information from One Stop Shop citizen service centres called huduma centres and through integrated technology platforms.
The government has launched the service centres in nine counties with an aim of making services easier and at county level which is convenient and efficient for individuals who need to process documents or acquire information on anything in relation to public service.
The services have provided a non-bureaucratic and corruption free environment for all at the same time saving time and revenue. Before, Public service was despicable with the trend of running from office to office, making unending queues, offices turning down requests or enquiries unless money comes in handy and for that matter an amount of their choice if not no services would be availed. Rights were out of question here unlike now where suit is applicable in case of discontent.
With up to twenty technology enabled services established in different counties, the government has also ensured fast response and replacement of documents. This puts Kenya in a better position on the technology advanced countries map. The services Huduma centre rolled out are as follows;
- Renewal of Drivers licenses and Status check
- Duplicate National Identity Card
- NHIF Registration and Claims
- NHIF Member Statements and accredited Institutions
- Assessment and Payment of Stamp Duty – Lands
- Nairobi City Single Business Permit
- Issuance of Seasonal NCC tickets
- Search and Registration of Business Names
- Registration of Welfare Groups
- PPOA Filing reviews and /or addressing complaints in procurement and disposal
- Student Loan Application – HELB
- Student Loan Repayment Services – HELB
- NSSF Registration
- NSSF Member Statements and Benefits
- Reporting Corruption – EACC
- EACC Clearance Certificate
- Status of Pension Claims
- Kenya Police Abstract
- Community Policing- NyumbaKumi
- Public Complaints through the Commission on Administrative Justice – Ombudsma
The government plans on adding more citizens focused services to the package to be soon deployed in all centres countrywide to enhance the way every Kenyan accesses government services. Huduma Kenya is will soon launch an online portal for citizens. M-huduma service will provide the same services via mobile phone.
Huduma Kenya has also provided social platforms open to all; Twitter; @hudumakenya Facebook; /hudumakenya for easy connection to the public. The centres have also been placed at convenient locations for citizens in all county establishments;
- Nairobi – GPO, City Square- Haile Sellasie Avenue, Makadara
- Machakos – GPO Machakos
- Nakuru – GPO Nakuru
- Eldoret – GPO Eldoret
- Kakamega – GPO Kakamega
- Kisumu – Former PC office
- Nyeri – Provincial Headquarters
- Embu – GPO Embu
- Mombasa – GPO Mombasa