Nokia X2 is now available for purchase in Kenya bringing with it upgraded specifications, more popular Microsoft services and smoother, easier use experience at an affordable price.
The Nokia device is the newest addition to the Nokia X family of affordable smartphones. According to Microsoft product manager King’ori Gitahi, the release has been motivated by the great reception the first Nokia X device had which now has the company pleased to offer the next step in the line-up Nokia X2. The device is designed to help the next billion people connect to the mobile internet and cloud services.
The Nokia X2 boasts a larger 4.3” ClearBlack display, a 5MP rear-facing, autofocus camera with flash, as well as a front-facing VGA camera. The smartphone also benefits from a Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 200 processor featuring a dual core 1.2 GHz CPU and 1GB of RAM, to make switching between favourite apps even more fluid. The device’s battery is 1800mAh with 2G talk time of up to 10 hours and 3G of up to 13hours. It has a standby capability of up to 23 days.
Out of the box, people can enjoy Microsoft services like Outlook.com, Skype and 15GB of free OneDrive cloud storage, while new apps like OneNote and Yammer are now available to download for free from the Nokia Store.
The seamless monobody and exchangeable back covers with the ‘inner glow’ design beautifully complement major enhancements to the user interface. These include a new ‘home’ button and a choice of screens to make navigation a breeze.
X2’s exchangeable back covers fuse a coloured core with a tinted outer layer, creating wonderful luminosity. The seamless monobody design houses a 4.3” ClearBlack display, two cameras (front-facing VGA and 5MP rear-facing with autofocus and flash), an 1800 mAh battery, slots for two SIM cards and a slot for a microSD card up to 32GB.
The redesigned Nokia store comes with abundant applications that have been tested and trusted which will also make it easy for application updates. Using the top toolbar on the home page, you can browse apps, games, updates and search for apps by name. The banner below the toolbar showcases the most popular titles for easy pickings. Nokia X2 also works with third party app stores* like 1Mobile, Aptoide, Mobango, SlideME and Yandex. When not using Nokia Store, make sure you’re set up to install files from unknown sources, which can be done under settings.
- The new X family device gives you the ability to customise your home screen by arranging the tiles. Long-press and drag them into position
- Resize a tile by long-pressing, then clicking the directional arrow. You can change some apps’ tile tile colour with the colour picker.
- Long press any tile to bring up the apps list or and widgets:The left icon allows you to select apps from the list and pin them to the home screen
- The right icon brings up useful widgets you can also pin – like a Facebook widget for accessing frequently-used features
- Download content (for example, maps and music) over WiFi to avoid incurring data charges.
- Use the Data Counter to set a maximum data usage limit and warning when you are approaching the limit.
- Under Settings > Dual SIM, set your inactive SIM to ‘offline’ if you only wish to use it under certain circumstances.
The Nokia X2 is available in black and white.