You guessed it right, Safaricom tops of the list of top tax payers for the sixth consecutive time. EABL retains number two from last year. In 2012/2013 tax awards, top tax payers are:
- Safaricom Limited
- Teachers Service Commission (these are the guys who pay tax from tax, kudos).
- British American Tobacco
- Kenya Commercial Bank
- Equity Bank
- Barclays Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Kenya Ports Authority (Great to see these guys in the list, a lot has been said about them)
- Ministry of Health (Nice to see a ministry in top ten, kudos).
There is also a category for medium taxpayers. Here we have Aga Khan Univeristy Hospital scooping the award as the top tax payer. Then we have the small guys category which went to Kenya Women Finance Trust.
Other top tax payers were awards to:
- Butali Sugar Mills – Western Region
- Meru University of Science and Technology – Northern Region
- Kenya Oil Company – Customs Services
- General Motors East Africa – 2nd Customs Services
- High Court of Kenya – Facilitation Awards
- Kenfreight East Africa Ltd – 2nd Facilitation Awards
To qualify for a top tax payer award, you need to contribute the highest in taxes in addition to complying fully to all tax regulations, said KRA Commissioner General John Njiraini.
Adapted from Capital FM