Good week for Safaricom , as they have reported Sh7.8 billion half year profits after tax. This is 94 percent higher than what they made at the same time last year, which stood at Ksh.4 billion.
Here are the summary of the Safaricom’s financial report :
- Total Revenue Sh59 billion, that is 19% growth
- Voice ..constituted 63 per cent of total revenue..Sh37.4 billion .
- The revenues from M-Pesa ..Sh10.4 billion.
- M-Pesa active users grew to 15.2 million from 9.7 million
- M-Pesa agents increased by 6,000 to 45,540 countrywide.
- Data users 5.6 million.