Altech KDN CEO Gives Nine Reasons Why nobody will be Fired and the Company is doing Just Fine
After report appears on the section of the media that the senior managers at Altech KDN including the CEO will be replaced, the CEO himself has come out with nine points refuting the report. Here is the copy:
In reference to reports appearing in sections of the media this Friday, I would like and on behalf of the management of Altech KDN to state the following:
- That the story published in sections of the press on Friday 5th October stating that the Chief Executive and other senior executives are to be replaced is completely false and taken out of context. None of the said executives will be released. Altech KDN has clear guidelines on performance reviews and while it is the company’s preference to have as much local management representation as possible, Altech KDN, like any other hi-tech company in Kenya, has the right to fill in key positions with expatriates where local skill is not available. However, programs have been put in place to train high quality local staff who will eventually fill in the top management positions in the future.
- It is also important to note that Mr. Bob Lafitte left Altech KDN end of last year and Mr. Raj Jandu being a financial consultant to Altech Group and not Altech KDN. In fact, Mr. Jandu is Kenyan citizen and has never held any COO position.
- It must be stated that Altech KDN has spent about Kshs.5 million to develop local staff in various key areas and high potential will be identified to be promoted into high responsibility positions to reduce reliance of expatriate skills. Altech KDN recently promoted two of its local staff to fill in senior managerial positions namely head of network operations and head of data centre. This will continue gradually as the company moves from strength to strength.
- It must be noted that Altech KDN has made significant improvement on its services over the last few months by increasing its network uptime, making it more secure and reliable for the provision of broadband services. The network has exponentially improved from 83 percent at the begin of the year to its current average 98 percent uptime targeting industry standards of up to 99.9 percent, an achievement that can be credited to the new management being on board.
- And because of our regional resource deployment and collaboration, this has strengthened our sales and technical expertise increasing customer retention and reducing churn. Altech KDN has seen a number of churned customers coming back result of the improved service quality.
- As regards the equity partnership, Altech can confirm that it has initiated discussions concerning the possible introduction of partners into the group’s East African operations and will advise shareholders and the market of progress in this regard, in due course. However, Altech’s shares are currently trading under a cautionary announcement which was published on 19 September 2012 and we are therefore not in a position to provide any further details regarding these discussions.
- The company’s overall strategy is now to focus on offering customized services for the different industry sectors of the economy.
- Our state of the art data center has now realized a faster uptake with the first floor having been sold out and customers requesting additional capacity for their data.
- The company’s future plan is to continue to transform the business model to capture growth opportunities, improve customer orientation and commercial focus.
Chief Executive Officer