The Nailab (www.nailab.co.ke) is a business incubation center that offers support to business savvy entrepreneurs, helping them to turn their ideas into viable businesses. In the last one year, a number of startups are been going through incubation process at the Nailab space and today was the day marked as their graduation day. They are now big enough to move on and leave the space for the new startups.
Here is the list of the Startups now moving out of Nailab:
– Specializes in the provision of custom made software solutions. E.g an SMS based messaging system for schools which makes it possible for a school to communicate with parents, teachers, stake-holders and other members of staff via SMS messages. They have already signed up ten schools for this messaging system. http://tusqee.com/
A local entertainment website containing content and (soon) digital downloads from East Africa. Website www.ghafla.co.ke
Weza Tele provides solutions to businesses using mobile technology such as USSD, mobile Web and SMS. They provide order management, distribution, tracking, circulation and validation solutions. http://myorder.co.ke/
Vive Visuals is a motion graphics company that was founded in 2011 with the aim of telling visually compelling stories through infomercials aimed at creating impact, increasing sales, product awareness, increasing conversion rates. Some of their clients include Oxfam Novib, Dettol and Hiil (Hague Institute for the Internationalisation of Law). www.vivevisuals.com
Ukall Limited is a boutique ICT Company which develops and delivers specialized products and services tailored to customers individual requirements. Some of their products include:
- UPAY– an end to end Payroll solution that integrates to a HR module. It is flexible, easy to use and allows for efficient bulk data capture and processing (over 5000 records in a max of 60 seconds).
- UPAY HR – a highly customizable HR module that integrates into the payroll to allow for efficient management of the organization.
- UGUARD – a mobile application designed for verification of staff attendance and alertness at multiple sites.
- UPAY OUTSOURCE – a payroll management option for organizations that seek to have their payroll function managed independently.
Recent clients include SENACA security firm, Kenya Vehicle Manufacturers and GYTO Security. Website http://www.ukall.co.ke/
MPrep is an educational platform designed for the poorest schools and students across East Africa. It provides high quality study tools for students, enable teachers with meaningful data, and offer schools a customizable dashboard. They are driven by the belief that we believe that everyone should have access to excellent educational tools.
Since the beginning of 2012, they have won $70.000 in funding from many contests e.g Pivot East (mobile society category), Desire2Learn, Milken Penn GSE among others.
BriteSkills is a service that allows students and any other persons in need of learning to look for tutors offering unique lessons, reserve lessons and attend them. It brings on one platform many experts on different skills thereby enabling students to learn new skills at affordable rates. Website http://www.briteskills.com/
They develop custom smart card applications in identification, payment, loyalty, health and access control. They also offer consultancy in the mentioned fields.
Organizes TEDx events in the slums of Nairobi taking ideas worth spreading to and from Kibera, Mathare, Korogocho and Kangemi.
[pullquote]The Nailab is in partnerships with different organizations e.g Accenture Netherlands, 1% Club, Startup Weekend, RLabs and AKVO. [/pullquote]