This time, I start with what people mostly looked for in this blog..the price . Samsung Galaxy note will retail in Kenya at Ksh.70,000. You can get it from Fonexpress
That done.. I go back to my confusion land. A phone? I guess not by my simple imagination. Tablet, not really..too small to be called a tablet. The Galaxy Note boasts a 5.3-inch Super AMOLED screen, which leaves it in a no man’s land. So for the purpose of this post I will call it phoblet. Some sort of alien creature floating between the smartphone and tablet. I love it, this is the device to bridge the gap between mobile phone and tablet. Ok, let just say it’s a phone, it’s a tablet and a gaming platform.
This is not a full review(coming up later). This is a quick run on the device and also to announce the big news… Samsung Galaxy Note was launched in Kenya.
Checking what it is inside Note and I realized that it is almost similar to the Galaxy S II with the only difference being the CPU. The Note has a better or higher CPU . To start with, Galaxy SII has a speed of 1.2GHz while Galaxy Note has a dual core 1.4GHz Cortex A9 with the same Mali-400 GPU and 1GB of RAM. For the storage space you get 2GB phone memory, 16GB USB storage (11GB available to the user) and microSD expansion up to 32GB.
This phone is geared towards Business people, the kind who like taking notes during meetings or seminars. Also covered by the device are the creative types. It is easy to use, and the stylus blends nicely.
In a bigger scale, Note has that perfect capability for both business and personal use.Yes, the size matters here but I think you can use it anywhere. The broad nature of a phone like Note has led the Government of Kenya to consider coming up with Mobile Education pilot program, starting with around 1000 mobile devices. PS.Ndemo maintained that they will talk with a number of phone makers, and Samsung has a chance to be in the mix.
Samsung confirmed that the Note will get 4.0 sometime next month . Meanwhile the ones available around are using Android 2.3.6 .
The 8-megapixel camera includes autofocus and an LED flash as well as anti-shake and a range of scene modes.
Cool, look at the key features according to gsmarena
- Quad-band GSM and quad-band 3G support
- 21 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA
- 5.3″ 16M-color Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen of WXGA resolution (800 x 1280 pixels)
- Android OS v2.3.5 with TouchWiz 4 launcher
- 1.4 GHz dual-core Cortex-A9 CPU, Mali-400MP GPU, Exynos chipset, 1GB of RAM
- Pre-bundled with the S Pen active stylus
- 8 MP wide-angle autofocus camera with LED flash, face, smile and blink detection
- Video recording of up to [email protected]
- Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g and n support; Wi-Fi Direct and Wi-Fi hotspot
- GPS with A-GPS connectivity; Digital compass
- 16/32GB internal storage, microSD slot
- Accelerometer, gyroscope and proximity sensor
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Charging MHL microUSB port with USB host and TV-out (1080p through optional adapter) support
- Stereo Bluetooth v3.0
- FM radio with RDS
- Great audio quality
- 9.7 mm slim and weighs a reasonable 178g
- 2MP secondary video-call camera
- Full Flash support and GPU-acceleration for the web browser permit 1080p flash video playback
- NFC support (optional)
- Document editor
- File manager comes preinstalled
- Extremely rich audio and video format support
- 2500 mAh battery