Sony announced the new Xperia S at CES. The Xperia S is an Android smartphone with a resolution 4.3 inch display with Mobile BRAVIA engine, a 12 MP camera that takes pictures in just 1.5 seconds from standby, and Sony HD experience. Xperia has a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor for a faster performance. Xperia S is NFC enabled.
According Sonyericsson blog Xperia S will be available to consumers globally from the first quarter 2012. Launching on Android platform 2.3 (Gingerbread) Xperia™ S will be upgraded to Android platform 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) during the second quarter 2012.
Features for Xperia S:
- 4.3 inch Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine with HD resolution screen (1280 x 720), as well as front (720p) and back (1080p) cameras for HD recording.
- 1.5GHz dual-core processor for fast browsing and content download, which can be stored on the internal 32GB flash storage.
- 12MP back camera with Sony Exmor R™ for mobile along with Fastest Capture to take shots in just 1.5 seconds directly from standby mode. Front-facing camera with 1.3 MP.
- NFC (Near Field Communications) enabled to access growing range of NFC applications and services as well as Xperia SmartTags.
- With HD sharing through DLNA, HDMI and using BRAVIA Sync for controlling your Xperia S with your TV remote control when connected to the TV, Xperia™ S delivers a full HD experience on TV.
- PlayStation™ Certified, that guarantees a high quality smartphone gaming experience and access to the PlayStation® Store.