Kenya: Social Media and Mobile Use stats
In the last few days people have been asking me about the Kenyan mobile use and Social media stats. Well, here is the quick run down.
- According CCK latest report, Kenya had a total of 25.27 million mobile subscribers by June 30 this year, representing 64.2% of the total population.
- There were 17.3 million registered mobile money transfer subscribers in the country at the end of June 2011, with Kshs48billion as the total amount of deposits made through the service.
- The total internet users in Kenya are 12.5 million and 98 percent of that figure access the internet through their mobile phones
- There are 4.2million Internet Subscriptions in Kenya
- There are Total of 1,241,720 Facebook Users in Kenya, out of which 63% are male users and 37% are female users
- Twitter- Users 70, 000 Confirmed 6 months ago..the figure should be around 120K by now…