In the last few days people have been asking me about the Kenyan mobile use and Social media stats. Well, here is the quick run down.
- According CCK latest report, Kenya had a total of 25.27 million mobile subscribers by June 30 this year, representing 64.2% of the total population.
- There were 17.3 million registered mobile money transfer subscribers in the country at the end of June 2011, with Kshs48billion as the total amount of deposits made through the service.
- The total internet users in Kenya are 12.5 million and 98 percent of that figure access the internet through their mobile phones
- There are 4.2million Internet Subscriptions in Kenya
- There are Total of 1,241,720 Facebook Users in Kenya, out of which 63% are male users and 37% are female users
- Twitter- Users 70, 000 Confirmed 6 months ago..the figure should be around 120K by now…
What is your opinion on the topic?
Article Categories:SOCIAL MEDIA