The review of 795 proposals received for the Tandaa Digital Content Grant is still on going. The ICT Board has confirmed that they will announce the shortlist in a week’s time on October 10th.
Some of the highlights:
- Grant reaches countrywide; nearly half of individual applicants from outside Nairobi. After Nairobi, the counties with the most applicants are Kiambu, Mombasa and Nakuru
- Applicants give thumbs up for online application process; nearly 80% of respondent prefer the online application process to a physical form
- Private Sector Innovation category more popular than Government Applications; just under 30% of proposal submitted by companies are in the Government category
- Simpler form results in huge increase in ‘Individual’ applicants; 68% increase
- Conversion rate for complete proposals improves; over 40% completed the process this year; 30% last year
- Late submissions persist; over 70% of applicants submitted their proposals on the very last day!
- Education, health remain top categories
- Matching Grant: average age of companies is 16.5 years; average annual turnover is KSh 185 million
What is your opinion on the topic?