Going around the internet i came a cross this new funding competition. Apparently The Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund (AECF) will provide grants of upto US$1.5 million to private sector companies to support agribusiness ideas in Africa.? It is specifically about business innovation based on Agricultural research.? If your company has a great business idea in this field, then you have a chance to compete for the fund.
According to AECF website the following are how the Challenge Fund different
- It focuses exclusively on supporting the private sector
- It is able to support cross-border, regional and pan-continental projects, as well as national ones.
- It leverages private sector and donor money to help fund successful projects and enterprises
- It is structured and governed along private sector principles with strong and sustained business engagement to ensure a flexible, responsive, results-orientated approach that the private sector can understand
- It is focused on funding practical projects that are both commercially viable and will have a broad developmental impact on the rural poor
- It is based in, and run from, Africa.
- It provides an open and transparent “competition” for donor funds
Apply at http://www.aecfafrica.org/ or [email protected] . The closing date for the applications is 17th May 2010