The total number of mobile money transfer subscriptions stood at 31 million during Q3 2016 while the number of mobile money agents stood at 169,698. A total of 400.6 million transactions (deposits and withdrawals) were made during the period valued at Ksh.1 trillion.
A breakdown of this figure reveals that:
- M-pesa accounted for 78.67 percent with a value of transactions worth Ksh.851,071,388,318.
- Airtel Money accounted for 1.00 percent with a value of transactions worth Ksh.10,821,302,605.
- Orange Money accounted for 0.02 percent with a value of transactions worth Ksh.162,560,000.
- Equitel accounted for 20.30 percent with a value of transactions worth Ksh.219,578,194,319.
- Mobikash accounted for 0.01 percent with a value of transactions worth Ksh.127,032,829.
The mobile commerce transactions made were recorded at 247.9 million valued at Ksh.447.3 billion. The total value of person to person transfers was Ksh.474.5 billion during the quarter under review. Check out the table below for a breakdown of these figures.
Details of mobile money transfer and mobile commerce services.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments